- Candidates Supporting ARSN Statement Published!
- ARSN issues communique to all Candidates at Local Council Elections
- Vote Treshnish for RSPB’s Nature of Farming Award 2011
- ARSN Represented on Rural Schools Commission
- PRESS RELEASE – ARSN Collaboration with Opposition Groups for 2012 Elections
- PRESS RELEASE: ARSN Statement Endorsed by McGrigor, Rice and Russell
- Candidates Asked to Endorse ARSN Statement on Schools
- PRESS RELEASE: Parents’ Disbelief at Council Decision on Rural Schools
- PRESS RELEASE: Argyll parents lodge formal complaint about Council decision
- PRESS RELEASE: Argyll schools facing closure angered by moving goalposts
Monthly Archives: March 2011
The Argyll Rural Schools Network (ARSN) have lodged a complaint with Argyll & Bute Council’s monitoring officer about the Council’s Spokesperson for Education & Lifelong Learning, Councillor Ellen Morton, taking personal responsibility for the identification of 12 schools for pre-consultation.
Specifically, ARSN are highlighting that the Spokesperson has clearly transgressed into matters of operational management of […]
The Argyll Rural Schools Network (ARSN) condemns Argyll & Bute Council’s decision on 3rd March to pursue the potential closure of twelve primary schools, most of which are healthy, viable and highly valued by the communities they serve. In particular, ARSN is questioning how this can be reconciled with the Council’s acceptance, as part of […]
The Argyll Rural Schools Network (ARSN) welcome the encouraging signs of change in the Council’s hard-line stance on school closures in their stated intention to consult with stakeholders as part of the consideration of alternatives to closure. The Council’s proposals around mechanisms for pre-consultation may also be a step forward, providing that a sufficient lead […]