- Candidates Supporting ARSN Statement Published!
- ARSN issues communique to all Candidates at Local Council Elections
- Vote Treshnish for RSPB’s Nature of Farming Award 2011
- ARSN Represented on Rural Schools Commission
- PRESS RELEASE – ARSN Collaboration with Opposition Groups for 2012 Elections
- PRESS RELEASE: ARSN Statement Endorsed by McGrigor, Rice and Russell
- Candidates Asked to Endorse ARSN Statement on Schools
- PRESS RELEASE: Parents’ Disbelief at Council Decision on Rural Schools
- PRESS RELEASE: Argyll parents lodge formal complaint about Council decision
- PRESS RELEASE: Argyll schools facing closure angered by moving goalposts
Tag Archives: Press Release
Argyll Rural Schools Network is delighted to have received support from three of the Argyll and Bute candidates for the forthcoming Scottish Parliamentary elections. As part of the VOTE ARSN campaign, all candidates were asked whether they could sign up to the following statement:
“I support the call by ARSN for the withdrawal of the consultation […]
Campaign group to pursue complaint against Acting Council Leader Argyll Rural Schools Network (ARSN) has expressed disbelief at Argyll & Bute Council’s decision on the 19th April to consult on the closure of 11 primary schools. They also confirmed their intent to progress a complaint against Acting Leader Cllr Ellen Morton with the Standards Commission.
The Argyll Rural Schools Network (ARSN) have lodged a complaint with Argyll & Bute Council’s monitoring officer about the Council’s Spokesperson for Education & Lifelong Learning, Councillor Ellen Morton, taking personal responsibility for the identification of 12 schools for pre-consultation.
Specifically, ARSN are highlighting that the Spokesperson has clearly transgressed into matters of operational management of […]
Argyll & Bute councillors were deceived prior to their vote on their schools closure plans. One of the documents provided to them by officials had been “sexed up” to bolster the weak case for school closures. The paper quoted two studies to back the closures, but their authors have denied that their work came to […]
Released tonight, ARSN’s latest Press Release:
“Argyll & Bute Council’s plans to close 25 schools to save money contain a £9 million fatal flaw. The Scottish Government’s budget for 2010-11 offered council’s a reduced cut of 2.6% if they agreed to protect teacher’s jobs and pupil-teacher ratios in Primary 1, 2, and 3 classes.
“Argyll & Bute’s […]